Delight in an authentic downtown Halifax neighbourhood experience filled to the brim with delicious local food. SoMo – South of Morris Street – is a vibrant and growing area in the heart of downtown, boasting some of the city’s finest restaurants as well as the famous Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market where award winning local chefs find the freshest ingredients for their menus.
- Visits to approx. 6 local eateries
- Diverse tastes such as hand crafted chocolates, artisan pizza, local seafood, gourmet market creations and more!
- Delectable, generous food samples
- Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market, waterfront boardwalk, Irishtown, Government House, old Burying Grounds, south Barrington Street
- Behind the scenes look at local kitchens
- Fun cultural facts from a local foodie
- map and local food guide
- An authentic Halifax experience to remember!
Cafe Chianti1241 Barrington St, Halifax
"Let our Executive Chef Terry Vassallo create for you the divine tastes of Italy using only the freshest of seasonal ingredients. If you are looking for a location to host a private event, celebrating a special occasion, or just want to dine in one of Halifax’s top restaurants, call or reserve online today for your taste of Italian cuisine."
Sugah!1470 Lower Water St, Halifax
"At Sugah! our confections are crafted by hand in Nova Scotia using century old techniques and pure, simple ingredients. Dairy fresh butter & cream, sugar & nuts are cooked in our old-fashioned copper kettle and worked on our marble slabs. Our chocolates feature the finest Belgian chocolate and mix classic old flavors with more modern, inventive combinations."