*Reservations must be made by 11:00 am on the day of the tour.
- Demonstrations and food tastings.
- Chance to take a look into professional kitchens and meet the talent behind the North End Food Scene
- Vists to approx. 4 different local eateries
- Diverse tastes with a uniquely Nova Scotian Twist.
- Historic Hydrostone district, Halifax North End, local history
- An insiders’ view into creating innovative dishes from locally sourced ingredients
- Fun cultural facts from a local chef
- Take home recipes by Claire, your local food guide and Chef.
- An authentic Halifax experience to remember!
- WHEN: Saturdays, year round
- START TIME: 1:30 pm
- DURATION: approximately 2 hours
- MEET: Hydrostone Park between Young Street and Kay Street
- WEATHER: tour takes place rain or shine, please dress for outdoor walking.
- DRESS: wear weather appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes
- CAPACITY: 12 people per tour
- TASTINGS: approximately 4 different food tastings, some stand-up tastings
- INCLUDED: all food tastings, recipes, Local Tasting Tours restaurant guide
- GRATUITIES: not included in ticket price – if you enjoyed your culinary experience, gratuities are gratefully accepted by our guides
- NOTE: food tastings are chef’s choice and subject to change with out notice
- SUBSTITUTIONS: unfortunately we are unable to make food substitutions on tours – offerings are chef’s choice and meant to highlight various fresh offerings of the day
- ALLERGIES: please alert us to allergies in advance so we can acquire an ingredients list of tastings for your tour
- COST: $50 +tax per person. Tickets can not be refunded
- TICKETS: recommended online purchase in advance, online purchasing fee not included
- RESERVATIONS: Tickets may be purchased in advance online. Telephone reservations with credit card must be made by 11 am on the day of the tour – subject to $20 cancellation fee.
- PAYMENT: online ticket purchase or telephone reservation required
Agricola Street Brasserie 2540 Agricola Street
Salvatore's Pizzaiolo 5541 Young Street
EnVie a Vegan Kitchen 5775 Charles St